Kedah Fire and Rescue Department deputy director Mohamadul Ehsan Mohd Zain said most of them complained of breathing problems and vomiting.
“Twenty-six of them had to be rushed to hospital and given treatment in the yellow zone (semi-critical), with one at the red zone (critical),” he told reporters here today.
He said they received the distress call at 11.42 pm.
“Our team arrived at the location shortly after midnight and, upon inspection, found that the ammonia gas pipe leak occurred in the factory’s storeroom,” he said.
He said the affected workers were first decontaminated to neutralise the gas before they were handed over to the hospital for further treatment.